Double Star PS3 Clan
Double Star PS3 Clan
Double Star PS3 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[**] Double Star PS3 Clan. Founded by jaco and beertank.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fitness Talk

Go down 
+5
jaco1612
aYri
beertank23
ItsAza
Soulfrit
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
jaco1612
All Round Animal
All Round Animal
jaco1612

Fitness Talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 1:24 pm

Just ordered some Thymosin Beta 4 (healing peptide, pretty much the isolated healing aspects of Growth Hormone) for my back, its just fucking too frustrating to leave off without trying it! For $250 I get a monster 6 week stack that will either riddle me with cancer and/or heal my back! So I may as well try it and see! Fingers crossed it doesnt get seized and I end up on Border Security when I try to wrestle the cunts for it!
Back to top Go down
ItsAza
Double Star Member
Double Star Member
ItsAza

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 2:46 pm

please stay safe
Back to top Go down
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders
beertank23

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:24 pm

jaco1612 wrote:
Just ordered some Thymosin Beta 4 (healing peptide, pretty much the isolated healing aspects of Growth Hormone) for my back, its just fucking too frustrating to leave off without trying it! For $250 I get a monster 6 week stack that will either riddle me with cancer and/or heal my back! So I may as well try it and see! Fingers crossed it doesnt get seized and I end up on Border Security when I try to wrestle the cunts for it!

Ha I can see you 100% on border security in that back room with the agent, who has failed the ASIO selection exam 3 times, so he's still stuck picking up morons at Sydney airport, Jacob right there next to the Indians and Chinese people as they desperately try to explain they didn't know it was illegal to bring lilive chickens and a myriad of weird spices in the country.
Back to top Go down
ItsAza
Double Star Member
Double Star Member
ItsAza

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 7:31 pm

Dude tell me about it, cant fuking go through customs once without some neckbeard phaggot wanting to smell my garam masala
Back to top Go down
jaco1612
All Round Animal
All Round Animal
jaco1612

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 3:56 pm

Well I've requested that they package the peptides discreetly (is this a thing? requesting this?) and not package any needles with it (which also seems to be a thing?). They responded with a 'yeh we'll do that' so it almost certainly will be packaged in the shape of an enormous double ender so the customs dudes just open it out of interests sake!
Back to top Go down
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders
beertank23

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 4:12 pm

jaco1612 wrote:
Well I've requested that they package the peptides discreetly (is this a thing? requesting this?) and not package any needles with it (which also seems to be a thing?). They responded with a 'yeh we'll do that' so it almost certainly will be packaged in the shape of an enormous double ender so the customs dudes just open it out of interests sake!

Wouldn't be the first time you've ordered a double ender would it?

ayyyyeeeee ohhhhhhhhhhh!
Back to top Go down
ItsAza
Double Star Member
Double Star Member
ItsAza

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 5:22 pm

where do you even find these 'supps' ? needles? you need to inject? Here i am thinking, its a harmless oral
Back to top Go down
jaco1612
All Round Animal
All Round Animal
jaco1612

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 8:46 am

This is a peptide from the US, so it needs to be injected, so I guess you can think of me as like every professional athlete in the world injecting performance enhancers! lol

Sub-cutaneous (under the skin) injection, so nothing too scary and with a small needle. I do, however, hate fucking needles so it won't be very fun at all!

Ahh my gateway drug into injectibles!
Back to top Go down
jaco1612
All Round Animal
All Round Animal
jaco1612

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 8:44 am

More bad news on the injury front, the Physio gave me a solid smashing, and found a chunk of scar tissue forming in my pec and also is semi-convinced I have a thickness-tear in my pectoral tendon... which means surgery for my pec! lol honestly it's verging on laughable how poor I am going for injuries!

Also he has also informed me that because of the state of my back, and the severity of the disc protrusion, generic remedies will almost certainly not help, and the Hyper-extensions I have been doing would have been counter productive on every level! lol so I guess I have to put my trust in peptides!

I see the Canberra Raiders doctor on monday, and he will no doubt be no stranger to back and pec injuries as well as peptides, so there is still hope!
Back to top Go down
ItsAza
Double Star Member
Double Star Member
ItsAza

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 8:25 pm

With the list of injuries you've experienced, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the good doc writes you up a mean ass cycle of the finest and purest peptides money can buy.

Whats the medication for pec tears and disc protrusions? anti-inflammataries right? Then maybe some steroid based medication, so your muscle starts to repair faster at the cellulor level.. im just bsing at this point, i dont know.
Back to top Go down
jaco1612
All Round Animal
All Round Animal
jaco1612

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 10:29 pm

Lol I'm mildly concerned this doctor is going to be super PC about his recommendations for medication simply because of the reputational impacts, I mean he is a doctor for the NRL, and everyone knows how much scrutiny they are under!

But wait and see, hopefully he has a fantastic remedy for both, but lets not get our hopes up!
Back to top Go down
ItsAza
Double Star Member
Double Star Member
ItsAza

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 2:40 pm

i did these today alongside some squats and extensions

Through in some isotension work as well and rest pauses... john meadows and dave tate swear by the stuff for mass gains... quads are fucking erect
Back to top Go down
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders
beertank23

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 6:53 pm

jaco1612 wrote:
More bad news on the injury front, the Physio gave me a solid smashing, and found a chunk of scar tissue forming in my pec and also is semi-convinced I have a thickness-tear in my pectoral tendon... which means surgery for my pec! lol honestly it's verging on laughable how poor I am going for injuries!

Also he has also informed me that because of the state of my back, and the severity of the disc protrusion, generic remedies will almost certainly not help, and the Hyper-extensions I have been doing would have been counter productive on every level! lol so I guess I have to put my trust in peptides!

I see the Canberra Raiders doctor on monday, and he will no doubt be no stranger to back and pec injuries as well as peptides, so there is still hope!

You'd be flat out standing upright on two feet at this point cunt! Good luck with that doctor.
Back to top Go down
jaco1612
All Round Animal
All Round Animal
jaco1612

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 8:45 am

Reasonably promising news from yesterday's Doctors appointment; he is reasonably sure that my pec tendon isnt fucked after all, but I'll be getting an ultrasound asap. He thinks there's a tear on top of the scar tissue, and thats about the sum of it, so massive amount of rubs, and rest should fix it, mind you hopefully the Ultrasound doesn't say otherwise!

He was also pretty comfortable with my back, he doesnt like surgery either, but deos want to try some more shit like cortizone into it along with some other stuff, and he also said fuck reverse hypers, but rip into regular hyper extensions and dont be too worried about doing something bad on them! So that's all sweet! Feeling semi-good about everything and stoked that I finally found a proper doctor again!
Back to top Go down
ItsAza
Double Star Member
Double Star Member
ItsAza

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 1:00 pm

fuckn good news!
Back to top Go down
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders
beertank23

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 6:23 pm

jaco1612 wrote:
Reasonably promising news from yesterday's Doctors appointment; he is reasonably sure that my pec tendon isnt fucked after all, but I'll be getting an ultrasound asap. He thinks there's a tear on top of the scar tissue, and thats about the sum of it, so massive amount of rubs, and rest should fix it, mind you hopefully the Ultrasound doesn't say otherwise!

He was also pretty comfortable with my back, he doesnt like surgery either, but deos want to try some more shit like cortizone into it along with some other stuff, and he also said fuck reverse hypers, but rip into regular hyper extensions and dont be too worried about doing something bad on them! So that's all sweet! Feeling semi-good about everything and stoked that I finally found a proper doctor again!

Well that's real good guy.

dont be too worried about doing something bad on them! wrote:

What does this mean?!

He was also pretty comfortable with my back, wrote:

Where to now?!
Back to top Go down
jaco1612
All Round Animal
All Round Animal
jaco1612

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 8:34 am

Well, for the generic hyper extensions, he said that there would be discomfort or pain if I was going too high or doing something wrong, so a natural indicator of where to stop. And because there is no direct loading of the spine its not going to make things worse.

I did them last night and they really felt pretty good! So thats a plus, and I definitely felt them work my spinal erectors too!

Well for my back, the plan is to try these peptides, which I spoke to him about, and he thinks that it probably won't relieve any of the sciatic nerve pain, but will thicken the disc's back up which is a fantastic proposition for my future! Along with the peptides, I need to continue opening up my hips (stretching hip flexors and glutes) and the hyper extensions. If after that stuff (which should be at least 2 months of peptides) I still have no real relief I will be trying another shot of cortizone, which the doctor has his own signature method for, which he believes is heaps better then the way I've already had!

So at least there is some plan for moving forward!
Back to top Go down
ItsAza
Double Star Member
Double Star Member
ItsAza

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 3:29 pm

Couple of questions about good mornings and stiff legged DLs.

1. What sort of weight should i be pushing on these. So far I have only been doing the bar, but after watching a couple of youtube vids, it seems I am meant to be doing some serious weight. Additionally should i have something in place to break the movement into two, being the concentric and eccentric portions.

around 1.45mins in

2. Same question for the stiff leggeds, i have been pushing the weight on these but, as they are usually towards the end of the DL workout day, i am already pretty taxed and cant see myself going too heavy. An alternative is to break the DL day in half and throw in another day just for hamstrings and maybe abs and calves.

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
jaco1612
All Round Animal
All Round Animal
jaco1612

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:42 pm

Nope, the whole program is based on a sink or swim philosophy, you will adjust to the loading and be much better for it! I would suggest, like in the initial excerpt, that you go as heavy as you can, without breaking form or failing on those complimentary movements. And I honestly think failing on the last set of the exercise isn't too bad of a thing at all either!

I would think 40kg's on your Good Mornings, and aim for 60kg's eventually. Put the catcher bars in your squat rack or where ever, so if there is a failure, there's no danger involved, but I wouldn't explicitly suggest breaking up the movement. For the Stiffs, I would think 60-80kg would be within reason?

Honestly dude, the complimentary movements of the session is what makes it such a grueling proposition, it took us between 2.5-3 hours to do it normally, and I also started having a gatorade/bcaa shake to keep up the energy!
Back to top Go down
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders
beertank23

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 6:36 pm

Sorry to highjack. How fucking athletic is this cunt. When will it be mine turn for supreme athleticism and bulk money. Watch and keep conversation flowing doe.

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/02/03/odell-beckham-dunk-video-instagram

Back to top Go down
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders
beertank23

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 9:03 pm

Honestly dude, the complimentary movements of the session is what makes it such a grueling proposition, wrote:

I dunno man, 95/85/75/65% drop sets of your 1RM is serious bidness, coupled with getting up for it week after week.
Back to top Go down
jaco1612
All Round Animal
All Round Animal
jaco1612

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 8:33 am

Oh yeh on the squat day it is no doubt the heavy squatting that gets you, on the dead day however, I think because it such low working volume, the complimentaries is what draws that thing out to death!
Back to top Go down
jaco1612
All Round Animal
All Round Animal
jaco1612

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 1:37 pm

Exciting news boys, I begin my peptide experiment today. Tb-500 or Thymosin Beta 4. I have 30mg and I will be running it in 2 injections a week at 2.5mg each. Monday and Thursday, after the gym, before eating and a few hours before bed!

From all accounts, I might expect some improvements in my back around the 4th week mark. But its effectiveness on the sciatica (my real issue) is somewhat limited. My chest/pec issues should be largely negated though!
Back to top Go down
ItsAza
Double Star Member
Double Star Member
ItsAza

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 6:09 pm

Stay Safe bro. Although I have faith in the power of peptides and all things that can be injected
Back to top Go down
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders
beertank23

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 8:22 pm

jaco1612 wrote:
Exciting news boys, I begin my peptide experiment today. Tb-500 or Thymosin Beta 4. I have 30mg and I will be running it in 2 injections a week at 2.5mg each. Monday and Thursday, after the gym, before eating and a few hours before bed!

From all accounts, I might expect some improvements in my back around the 4th week mark. But its effectiveness on the sciatica (my real issue) is somewhat limited. My chest/pec issues should be largely negated though!

Daaattttt slippery slope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fitness Talk   Fitness Talk - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fitness Talk
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Double Star PS3 Clan :: Off Topic :: Sport-
Jump to: