Double Star PS3 Clan
Double Star PS3 Clan
Double Star PS3 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[**] Double Star PS3 Clan. Founded by jaco and beertank.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

All things Cricket.

Go down 
+14
abz
jaco1612
jonstork
rumpleforskn
Rob
kaneo
ItsAza
ShEhAn101
Fortè
Gamble_LLD
beertank23
Muri
tox101
Frita26
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders
beertank23

All things Cricket. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 10:44 pm

Fuck, NSW threw that away, fuckin Aaron Bird, the caarnt. Fuckin Bravo.
Back to top Go down
tox101
tox101

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 1:29 pm

i like james hopes ay.. opens the batting.. opens the bowling.. and is massive at bowling yorkers.

that is all
Back to top Go down
Frita26
Double Star Member
Double Star Member
Frita26

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 6:30 pm

Fuck... completely forgot the cricket was on today...

Just watched the highlights. Those pakies couldn't catch a cold lol.
Back to top Go down
Fortè
Fortè

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 7:30 pm

Tell me about it, against us they dropped 6/7 catches in 1 innings! For the record we still managed to lose that test by 145 runs.

NZ Crickets motto - snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Back to top Go down
Frita26
Double Star Member
Double Star Member
Frita26

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 11:28 pm

Fortè wrote:
Tell me about it, against us they dropped 6/7 catches in 1 innings! For the record we still managed to lose that test by 145 runs.

NZ Crickets motto - snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
lol, i like it.

why is it all of a sudden everyone wants to blow mitch johnson?? he's always been good. and for the record i said they years ago they should have stuck with watson.
Back to top Go down
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders
beertank23

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 11:56 pm

Watson is a moron, it tears me up inside to see him doing well, it really does. But I suppose i need give credit where its due.
Back to top Go down
Frita26
Double Star Member
Double Star Member
Frita26

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 12:02 am

Imagine if he didn't consistantly choke in the 80's and 90's. Atleast you've got that. I guess I have a thing for allrounders.
Back to top Go down
kaneo
Double Star Member
Double Star Member
kaneo

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 12:06 am

Bit of a general knowledge.

I played cricket for the Wanderers Cricket club in Townsville from under 10's to under 14's. Andrew Symonds and Mitch Johnson also played juniors for this club as well as first grade.

End rant/
Back to top Go down
jonstork
Double Star Member
Double Star Member
jonstork

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 7:30 pm

^^ '
wrong section tard, but i'll let you off
Back to top Go down
Frita26
Double Star Member
Double Star Member
Frita26

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 11:05 pm

Tait bowled 161km/h... crap... 3rd fastest ball ever recorded.
Back to top Go down
Frita26
Double Star Member
Double Star Member
Frita26

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 4:45 pm

Sledging is a wonderful part of any game. lol@ the Mars Bar.

Rod Marsh & Ian Botham:
When Botham took guard in an Ashes match, Marsh welcomed him to the wicket with the immortal words:
"So how's your wife & my kids?" the reply from Botham was "my wife's fine, your kids are retarded".

Daryll Cullinan & Shane Warne:
As Cullinan was on his way to the wicket, Warne told him he had been waiting 2 years for another chance to humiliate him.
"Looks like you spent it eating," Cullinan retorted.

Glenn McGrath (bowling to portly Zimbabwean chicken farmer Eddo Brandes):
"Hey Eddo, why are you so fucking fat?"
Eddo Brandes: "Because every time I fuck your mother, she throws me a biscuit."

Robin Smith & Merv Hughes:
During 1989 Lords Test, Hughes said to Smith after he played & missed: "You can't fucking bat."
Smith to Hughes after he smacked him to the boundary: "Hey Merv, we make a fine pair. I can't fucking bat & you can't fucking bowl.

Merv Hughes & Javed Miandad:
During 1991 Adelaide Test, Javed called Merv a fat bus conductor.
A few balls later Merv dismissed Javed. "Tickets please," Merv called out as he ran past the departing batsman.

Merv Hughes & Viv Richards:
During a test match in the West Indies, Hughes didn't say a word to Viv, but continued to stare at him after deliveries.
"This is my island, my culture. Don't you be staring at me. In my culture we just bowl."
Merv didn't reply, but after he dismissed him he announced to the batsman: "In my culture we just say fuck off."

Ian Healy & Arjuna Ranatunga:
And of course you can't forget Ian Healy's legendary comment which was picked up by the Channel 9 microphones when Arjuna Ranatunga called for a runner on a particularly hot night during a one-dayer in Sydney: "You don't get a runner for being an overweight, unfit, fat cunt!"

James Ormond & Mark Waugh
Ormand had just come out to bat on an Ashes tour and was greeted by Mark Waugh.
Mark Waugh: "Fuck me, look who it is. Mate, what are you doing out here? There's no way you're good enough to play for England."
James Ormond: "Maybe not, but at least I'm the best player in my family."

Glenn McGrath & Ramnaresh Sarwan
McGrath to Sarwan: "So what does Brian Lara's dick taste like?"
Sarwan: "I don't know. Ask your wife."
McGrath (losing it): "If you ever fucking mention my wife again, I'll fucking rip your fucking throat out!"

Mark Waugh & Adam Parore
Waugh standing at second slip, the new player (Parore) comes to the crease playing & missing the first ball.
Mark: "Oh, I remember you from a couple years ago in Australia. You were shit then, you're fucking useless now."
Parore (turning around): "Yeah, that's me. And when I was there you were going out with that old, ugly slut.
And now I hear you've married her, you dumb cunt!"

Ian Healy & Arjuna Ranatunga
Yet another Australian witticism with this time porky Sri Lankan batsman Arjuna Ranatunga the victim.
Shane Warne, trying to tempt the batsman out of his crease mused what it took to get the plump character to get out of his crease and drive. Wicketkeeper Ian Healy piped up, "Put a Mars Bar on a good length. That should do it."

Ravi Shastri vs the Aussie 12th man (don't remember who, and don't want to slander anyone) Shastri hits it to this guy and looks for a single. This guy gets the ball in and says, "If you leave the crease I'll break your fucking head." Shastri: "If you could bat as well as you can talk you wouldn't be the fucking 12th man."

Malcolm Marshall & David Boon Malcolm Marshall was bowling to David Boon who had played and missed a couple of times. Marshall: "Now, David, are you going to get out now or am I going to have to bowl around the wicket and kill you?"

Fred Trueman & Raman Subba Row Fred Trueman bowling. The batsman edges and the ball goes to first slip, and right between Raman Subba Row's legs. Fred doesn't say a word. At the end of the over, Row ambles past Trueman and apologises sheepishly "I should've kept my legs together, Fred." "So should your mother," he replied
Back to top Go down
Fortè
Fortè

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 9:46 pm

Sledging is the best part of cricket. Kudos to you frit, kudos.
Back to top Go down
ItsAza
Double Star Member
Double Star Member
ItsAza

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:10 pm

haha great read frit loved it
Back to top Go down
jaco1612
All Round Animal
All Round Animal
jaco1612

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:27 pm

that was a great read frit, my respect for this awful game just went up ten fold, they should televise this shit
Back to top Go down
Frita26
Double Star Member
Double Star Member
Frita26

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 10:56 pm

Ian Botham - It weighs about 5 ounces, it's red, shiny, round and you're supposed to hit it!
Viv hits it for 6 and says - You know what it looks like, you go find it!

Jamie Siddons (considered one of the best players never to have played Test Cricket for Australia) was fielding at first slip and the batsman was fidgeting around and basically taking his sweet time to face up.

Siddons : "For fucks sake, It's not a fucking Test Match"
Batsman turning round : "Obviously - You're here !"
Back to top Go down
tox101
tox101

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 5:18 pm

still not really a fan of watson. hes one of the only QLD sports stars i dont really like. he'll be injured again soon enough. hes in top form tho
Back to top Go down
tox101
tox101

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 11:07 pm

more david warner please
how harsh is brad hodges career.. hes a class act
Back to top Go down
Fortè
Fortè

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 11:57 am

^^ Brad Hodge is quite simply the man. Don't know if i've ever seen him fail. Brilliant batsman, sublime in the field and handy at the bowling crease aswell. Get rid of that shitcunt White. Yes he can hit a big ball but every bloody australian can clear the rope when needed!

On to more important matters.

2nd T20i, (hate the format tbh) in my current city of residence, Christchurch. Pitch should be a bit faster than Wellington, as its had a couple of weeks of hot sun beaming down on it. Maybe Tait can replicate the 160.7km/h ball or even surpass it.
Expecting more from our best batsmen Guptill and Taylor (Fuck you Billy!) to get some serious runs (180 being bare minimum) and take the fight back to the Aussies. Tait is easily rattled, so our openers need to go hard at him and should they get a few away, Tait will stray I think.
Wouldn't be surprised if Styris the Virus gets a run ahead of Nathan McCullum, as he has been in red hot form domestically and the fact that McCullum had a shocker of a game in Wellington, by his standards.

I'm predicting a Black Caps win and therefore a tied T20i series.

Hanging out for test cricket really, love that shit.
Back to top Go down
tox101
tox101

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 11:48 pm

hah pretty decent predictions forte.. massive runs.. tait got smashed by mccullum, over the keepers head over and over. 215 was a massive total

im surprised aussies got that close.. i was getting excited watching white smash it down the ground haha
Back to top Go down
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders
beertank23

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 12:44 am

did they play on a postage stamp?
Back to top Go down
tox101
tox101

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:09 am

the ground did seem pretty small.. but they showed a graphic of mccullums sixes which showed the distance of his hits.. all his sixes were about 75+ meters
Back to top Go down
Fortè
Fortè

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:28 am

beertank23 wrote:
did they play on a postage stamp?

Nah Bert, they played in my backyard but wouldn't play the 'one hand one bounce' rule.... disappointing.

Was really impressed with Southee's last 3 overs, he was under so much pressure and came up trumps.
Getting sick of Oram, can't bat and can't bowl these days, so I think his time is nearly up.

Also enjoyed seeing White tonk Vettori, hardly anyone tries to take him on these days.
Back to top Go down
Fortè
Fortè

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:08 pm

Fuck! Vetts is out, not a good start.
Back to top Go down
abz
StuckInBathroomPlsHelp
StuckInBathroomPlsHelp
abz

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 12:20 am

Pissed me off the other day the black caps chiping all those sneaky shots over their heads, a couple of them were like a meter of 6. useless aussies
Back to top Go down
http://www.doublestarclan.com
Fortè
Fortè

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:53 am

Expect more disappointment young abs, we haven't t finished yet!

Also I thought Johnson was a intelligent person, but headbutting a guy who's wearing a helmet is just retarded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

All things Cricket.
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next