Double Star PS3 Clan
Double Star PS3 Clan
Double Star PS3 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[**] Double Star PS3 Clan. Founded by jaco and beertank.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

All things Cricket.

Go down 
+14
abz
jaco1612
jonstork
rumpleforskn
Rob
kaneo
ItsAza
ShEhAn101
Fortè
Gamble_LLD
beertank23
Muri
tox101
Frita26
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
tox101
tox101

All things Cricket. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:52 am

none of the india vs sri lanka games have been televised for me here in brisbane
They might televise it on channel 'GEM' or whatever but i dont have that channel
i just have the standard 100 foxtel channels plus 7,9,10, abc and sbs.

i saw india at 160 off 20 overs.. surely they couldnt do it!
theres a fair chance they'll be in the finals now
Back to top Go down
ItsAza
Double Star Member
Double Star Member
ItsAza

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:59 am

i have a feeling that the outcome of Aus v Sri will be determined by who Aus feels they have the highest chance to win against or which finals will bring the most revenue (INDvAUS obv)
Back to top Go down
Fortè
Fortè

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:49 am

Is there a 'losers bonus point'? I remember when they had it in the AUS/NZ/SA tri series a few years back. Or is it simply a case of denying a point?
e.g. If Sri Lanka had held Indias chase to 41 overs.

Dilly, Sangas, Chandi and Monobrow will put on 240 and Malinga will bounce back with five scalps.

Last edited by Fortè on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ItsAza
Double Star Member
Double Star Member
ItsAza

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 12:12 pm

yeah its not so much losers bonus point, rather it gives the side fielding second an incentive to bowl them out early.
Back to top Go down
tox101
tox101

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:16 pm

Fortè wrote:
Is there a 'losers bonus point'? I remember when they had it in the AUS/NZ/SA tri series a few years back. Or is it simply a case of denying a point?
e.g. If Sri Lanka had held Indias chase to 41 overs.

Dilly, Sangas, Chandi and Monobrow will put on 240 and Malinga will bounce back with five scalps.

nahhh.. its a true BONUS point now
if Sri Lanka lose closely they get 0 points.
if Sri Lanka get flogged they get 0 points

Potentially, the next 4 ODI games could be
Aus vs Sri Lanka
Aus vs Sri Lanka
Aus vs Sri Lanka
Aus vs Sri Lanka

oi forte, did you see mccullums shot over the slips while facing morne morkel? was lol.
Back to top Go down
Fortè
Fortè

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:24 pm

McCullum must be the worst 'leaver' of a cricket ball in the world aye. The amount of times he's been bowled or trapped in front offering no shot is ridiculous!
Back to top Go down
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders
beertank23

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:05 pm

Top 5 worst leavers of all time timmy...go.

Ponting.
Waugh M.
Flintoff.
m. ashraful
m. clarke
H. Gibbs
Back to top Go down
Fortè
Fortè

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:42 pm

Gibbs - didn't it used to be called 'herschelled' or something?
Clarke - 05 Ashes series he copped a beauty if I remember correctly
Fleming - Inabilty to leave the ball with conviction got him caught behind an awful lot.

Ashraful was just terrible. Not because he was a bad player but because he was so damn good and would just throw his wicket away.

For NZ in more recent times; McCullum and Taylor.
Back to top Go down
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders
beertank23

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:28 pm

I came up with 5 of my 6 and i must confess I googled and M.Ashraful came up.
Back to top Go down
Fortè
Fortè

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:47 pm

Kula, Upul and Prasad came so close. D. Hussey with 4 wickets, what the fuck!

Is David Warner going to play like this his whole career!? Waits till he's on the verge of getting dropped before making a big score? Must have been a 50/50 call by the selectors.
Back to top Go down
tox101
tox101

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:57 pm

That was an awesome game last night
I found myself cheering for Kulasekra. That was an awesome innings

I love David Hussey as a cricketer ay. Pity hes fkn 34 and wont be around too much longer! needs more 29yo David Hussey. I checked David Husseys first class stats. Hes averaging 54 at a strike rate of 70 (4 day cricket). That's a pretty beast strike rate with a pretty beast average.

Warner has been pretty up and down all summer ay. But he's got two man of the matches in 3 games now though.

Im super stoked with Matthew Wade too. I've been hating on Brad Haddin for a long time. Fuck Haddin off already. Matty Wade is a better batter.. funnier.. more interesting.. more vocal. hes full of win
Back to top Go down
Jewwfro
Double Star Member
Double Star Member
Jewwfro

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 1:32 pm

Yeah was an intense game.

73 Runs from 43 balls.
Those Sixes were solid.
Back to top Go down
Fortè
Fortè

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 1:38 pm

Had to laugh when old 'Long Tom' Moody said Kulasekara was 50kg ringing wet, probably not that far off though. I knew he could score quickly but didn't think he was able to clear the rope like he did.

I like David Hussey in the same way I liked Brad Hodge, there is just something about them (apart from being awesome allround players).

How far off is T. Paine? He's been out for what seems like years!
Back to top Go down
tox101
tox101

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 2:53 pm

T Paine i think is 6+ months off still. so maybe the start of the next sheffield shield season. I think Matt Wade has alot more to offer as a batsmen, so Wade bets my vote. Though T Paine was spoke of very highly as a possible future captain of Aus..

Hodge was mad. 204 on debut.. played about 7 tests and then his career was over. He's also an amazing T20 player.. poor guy
Back to top Go down
ItsAza
Double Star Member
Double Star Member
ItsAza

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 4:09 pm

Loved how the australian selectors dropped Haddin for Wade on the premise of him being rested. Hated the phaggot ever since he entered international cricket.
Back to top Go down
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders
beertank23

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 8:47 pm

tox101 wrote:

Hodge was mad. 204 on debut.. played about 7 tests and then his career was over. He's also an amazing T20 player.. poor guy

He got dropped 8 times in that 204, should have been out in the 10's..

Quote :
I love David Hussey as a cricketer ay. Pity hes fkn 34 and wont be around too much longer! needs more 29yo David Hussey. I checked David Husseys first class stats. Hes averaging 54 at a strike rate of 70 (4 day cricket). That's a pretty beast strike rate with a pretty beast average.

Steve and Mark Waugh's last game at Newcastle was a 'pura cup' fixture vs The Bushrangers. The Bushrangers needed about 400 on the last day to win, D. Hussey came out and scored 220* in about 150 balls to win, the game, I was in the crowd, he hit Mark Waugh's off break into 'number 2' sportground.

Truly an amazing innings!!
Back to top Go down
tox101
tox101

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 8:55 pm

thread needs more D Hussey!!!

I just love the way he plays. He's always busy. I love how he comes out and does consistent cover drives for 2 runs. He's only had 1 fail with the bat this series, so then he goes out and takes 4 wickets haha. what a mad cunt. SUCKS THAT HES 34 though!
Back to top Go down
Jewwfro
Double Star Member
Double Star Member
Jewwfro

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 12:30 am

tox101 wrote:
thread needs more D Hussey!!!

I just love the way he plays. He's always busy. I love how he comes out and does consistent cover drives for 2 runs. He's only had 1 fail with the bat this series, so then he goes out and takes 4 wickets haha. what a mad cunt. SUCKS THAT HES 34 though!

Little bit to old for your man crush?
Back to top Go down
tox101
tox101

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 12:54 am

Back to top Go down
tox101
tox101

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 2:07 pm

NSW won 1 game from 10 this year in the Sheffield Shield

and yes, QLD are hosting the final vs Tas.
Back to top Go down
Fortè
Fortè

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 2:24 pm

Pfft NSWs, can't play cricket, can't play rugby, can't play league, can't play football.....

tox101: Didn't QLD win their first 5 outright then lose/draw like the next 6 or something?
Back to top Go down
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders
beertank23

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 3:20 pm

tox101 wrote:

Yeah thats true, the guts of our team plays for Australia and theres like 4 NS Welshmen playing in the god damn final!!
Back to top Go down
tox101
tox101

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 4:58 pm

beertank23 wrote:
tox101 wrote:

Yeah thats true, the guts of our team plays for Australia and theres like 4 NS Welshmen playing in the god damn final!!

no depth mate!! we qualified without Forrest and Cutting. we have mad depth lolol
QLD will lose the final though

@forte - i dont even know
Back to top Go down
tox101
tox101

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:01 pm

beertank23 wrote:
tox101 wrote:

actually.. not even bro

Mike Hussey - WA
Dave Hussey - VIC
Matt Wade - TAS
Hilfenhaus - TAS
Siddle - VIC
Pattinson - umm VIC or SA?
Forrest - QLD hmmmm
Dan Christian - SA hmmmm
Clarke - NSW
Warner - NSW
Ponting - TAS
Nathan Lyon - SA

I think the nsw team is more so full of test rejects.. Kawaja, Phillip Hughes, Katich...
Back to top Go down
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders
beertank23

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:11 pm

Kawaja
Hughes
Watson
Warner
Clarke
Haddin
Lee
Cummings
Ed Cowan
Forrest
Christian

Theres a blwoler for Tassie I cant think of...and i feel like im missing someone.

Quote :
In the last decade Queensland have qualified for the decider on six occasions but won the title just once.

The 2002-2003 final saw the Bulls defeated by a star-studded New South Wales Blues side. Nine out of the eleven Blues starters were current, former, or future Test cricketers. New South Wales were all out for 282, in the first innings, thanks largely to a Michael Slater century.

Stuart MacGill ripped through the Queensland batting line-up, taking 5-16 as the Bulls were routed for just 84. The Blues added another 263, Steve Waugh top-scoring with 56, leaving Queensland chasing a massive 462 runs for victory. The Bulls never got close, being bowled out for 215 with MacGill again the pick of the New South Wales bowlers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All things Cricket.   All things Cricket. - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

All things Cricket.
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next