Double Star PS3 Clan

[**] Double Star PS3 Clan. Founded by jaco and beertank.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Diablo 3.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    Wed May 30, 2012 7:41 am

jonstork wrote:
had no drive to play this over the last few days. replaying the story over and over does not tempt me to keep playing,

Same, I havent played it in a week, except for 2 hours with Jaco and Aza.

-Vince Lombardi

Back to top Go down
View user profile
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    Wed May 30, 2012 9:43 pm

Well I have to applaud Blizzard in all reality. From a business stand point it would seem like you're on the perfect track to make the shareholders at Activision very, very pleased.

You've taken a game with so much hype built around it, a game with a rabid and wildly large fan base, a game vaulting off of the massive success of the previous generation - and you've turned it into your sacrificial lamb.

I understand that WoW is dying. The cash cow that you have been able to depend on to fill your coffers is finally drying up. It had a great run. MoP is not likely to defibrillate the failing heart of what was once the WoW empire, and you know this. Starcraft 2, while an amazing game, cannot replace this cash cow - then again it wasn't meant to. How could it? Your business foresight is very, very attuned. Because of this you carefully planned your next chess move: Diablo 3.

What better way to birth another golden goose than to bank an entire game off of the most addictive part of what Diablo 2 was: the item grind. Pure brilliance. And so, from the ground up, you formed this game to be solely about item exchange - this would be the titan built to replace WoW's subscription based bankroll in the form of micro transactions.

Except one thing: you're boring.

On May 15th 2012, after nearly a decade of anticipation, we were given Diablo 3! Except, it's not quite Diablo 3. It's a slimmed down, cut up version of the Diablo 3 everyone was taught to expect. Except, it wasn't given to us, we still had to pay you full price for it: $60.

My how the mighty hath fallen. Why is it not Diablo 3, you say? Well let's see. Anyone remember all those teaser videos spoon fed to the community over the past 3 years? Videos slowly leaking to us glimpses of the content we could expect to experience? I do.

From nearly FOUR years ago:

@2:10 "These current weapons just won't do!":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K0Yk...1&feature=plcp

I guess scrapping this idea all together was more developmentally cost effective.

@6:30 "Let's see what a real fight looks like."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT4K6...0&feature=plcp

Indeed, lets. I'm still waiting, actually. Is it just me or does that environment look entirely more engaging than the atmosphere we've purchased at release?

@2:00 Did he say randomized, dungeons, quests and encounters?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMAyx...7&feature=plcp

If their idea of newly generated fights, quests and environments is a continuous cycle of the same things from a pre-conceived list, he's spot on!

So where's the beef? - some might say. The beef is that this is not Diablo 3, this is an imposter. A hologram. An artificial replacement. A lame duck substitute for what hype built it up to be. A cut up and slimmed down version of what should have been. In essence: a slaughtered, sacrificial lamb.

That leaves myself and thousands of others saying indeed, where is the beef? Blizzard's answer: there is no cow level. But hey, we got rainbows and unicorns!

Is anyone still in complete denial about how truly boring this game is or have people started to shake off the honey moon dust?

You eliminated enchanting, PvP, pet companions and other things from the release version so that you could market it as part of a later expansion for more money. (This is a trend in gaming that several developers have been following; withhold content you've been advertising for the past two years and charge a premium for it at a later date. I shouldn't have expected Activision-Blizzard to be any different, and that is my fault. I wrongly assumed this group was made of trend setters and leaders, not followers - so shame on me.)

You didn't include a single player mode because you can't make money off of people if they aren't using the AH in a multiplayer format. Less work for you in the development stages, and forces people to engage in the micro-economy that your bankroll is based on. Again, brilliance. Which leads me to my final point:

There is so LITTLE dynamic to this game I cannot believe it took this many years to create it. In fact, I don't. So why the long wait? I'll tell you: economic law.

More specifically, the legality and complications that stemmed from the idea of a multinational game built around a Real Money Auction House. This process, I imagine, took years to iron out - while the game itself probably took no more than a few actual working years to complete (and it truly shows).

It doesn't take an overly intelligent mind to figure WHY they would want to use a RMAH and get a cut of (a lot of) the transactions. That's fine. Here's the problem: you built the entire game around a pure gear grind, and then force that gear grind to revolve around the AH, specifically the RMAH. There is literally no other dynamic. When you build a game from a purely business stand point, you're not building a great game - and a great game this is not.

In conclusion, gamers, do you really want to spend your time on yet another slave-like gear grind? If so, eat your heart out. You'll find no better place to do it! If not, there are a plethora of other games out there much more deserving of your $60, I promise.

Diablo 3 was built around Activision's greed. Participate at your own will.

Gamers hold grudges and people aren't going to forget this disaster. If you obliterate your true fan base, the pillars of your success come falling soon after.

I give this post less than a few hours before it is deleted by Blizzard moderators. Can't have that bad flavor out there, can we? Truth hurts.

Regards, a long time fan.

-Vince Lombardi

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonstork
Double Star Member
Double Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    Wed May 30, 2012 10:21 pm

link 2 thread? i wanna see what people are responding given it hasn't been deleted
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    Thu May 31, 2012 6:50 am

jonstork wrote:
link 2 thread? i wanna see what people are responding given it hasn't been deleted

Post is getting rave reviews, shall find.

-Vince Lombardi

Back to top Go down
View user profile
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    Thu May 31, 2012 6:53 am

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271504839?page=1

-Vince Lombardi

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaco1612
All Round Animal
All Round Animal

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    Thu May 31, 2012 7:40 am

lol lol top post! im going to clock hell mode solo and call it a day for d3 i think!

I am looking forward to MoP though jus sayin!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    Thu May 31, 2012 3:32 pm

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/5777-Diablo-3

-Vince Lombardi

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ItsAza
Double Star Member
Double Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    Thu May 31, 2012 6:14 pm

enjoyed that review, agree with the comparison of D3 to data entry Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaco1612
All Round Animal
All Round Animal

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    Thu May 31, 2012 6:28 pm

zero punctuation is the fucking best!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonstork
Double Star Member
Double Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    Thu May 31, 2012 7:11 pm

oh well, i guess we'll all have to ditch diablo 3 and get into a real game. like LoL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    Thu May 31, 2012 9:53 pm

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145273021

-Vince Lombardi

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ItsAza
Double Star Member
Double Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:12 am

Hardcore is fun, get on my level cunts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonstork
Double Star Member
Double Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:28 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaco1612
All Round Animal
All Round Animal

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:44 pm

150k crits? the fuck?

geez athene sure knows how to break a game... lol he is a legit beast though!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
abz
StuckInBathroomPlsHelp
StuckInBathroomPlsHelp

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:27 pm

fuk i lold
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.doublestarclan.com
jaco1612
All Round Animal
All Round Animal

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:35 am

lol fuck thats accurate!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ItsAza
Double Star Member
Double Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:17 am

Well my HC Barb died couple days ago, was 53. Died to arcane/vortex/wall mobs. It was pretty anti-climatic tbh.

Anyway i have a shit ton of gold on HC though, so i will be rolling a MONK tomorrow. If anyone wants to ride the bandwagon let me know
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaco1612
All Round Animal
All Round Animal

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Just thought I keep you guys posted...

im currently trying to solo Inferno (when the mood strikes, maybe once a week) without playing the ah, i have 17k dps, 38k health and I'm paragon 1. I changed my spec to be more like Alkaizer (who clocked paragon 100 in 2 weeks of 17hr a day gaming).

Inferno is fucking retarded hard. I get one shot by a number of mobs... interesting times. But it certainly doesnt compare to wow!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ItsAza
Double Star Member
Double Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:07 pm

boring as fuck, cbf gear grinding bro... i think i have a couple of mil on the character if your going to play i can give it to ya
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:33 pm

Quote :
Lol I told him exactly this and he said they are working on some pretty groundbreaking stuff at the moment. He says everyone at the company is secretly pissed about the way D3 turned out.

Quote :
Just give it 5 years bro. According to him, they are working on something that will have the same impact D1 had in the early gaming days. They call it the renaissance of gaming. BTBH its prolly just WOW expansion or D4/SC4.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148627233

-Vince Lombardi

Back to top Go down
View user profile
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:03 pm

Quote :
Just give it 5 years bro. According to him, they are working on something that will have the same impact D1 had in the early gaming days. They call it the renaissance of gaming. BTBH its prolly just WOW expansion or D4/SC4.

I could be wrong but I stumbled upon some shit online, I think this new project might be "Project TITAN". A new MMO. There's absolutely zero deets on this piece right now and Blizzard are speaking in generalities about it, but it has a brand new engine and the amount of developers on the project has doubled in the last year to 90 devs.

Quote :
A confidential project schedule was released without the company's consent in November 2010. It showed a project titled "Titan" with a release date in the fourth quarter of 2013. Blizzard China's general manager either resigned or was terminated after the leak

-Vince Lombardi

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaco1612
All Round Animal
All Round Animal

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:35 pm

the 2009 rumour mill sent a memo saying you're a turd sandwich!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:11 pm

wut?

-Vince Lombardi

Back to top Go down
View user profile
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:47 pm

-Vince Lombardi

Back to top Go down
View user profile
beertank23
Double Star Leaders
Double Star Leaders

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:26 pm

Alleged leaked infor on Titan.

Game Universe

- It's based on Earth's history, but also includes a high amount of fiction. It will have a "deep history", just as Warcraft and Starcraft.

-They're intending to include many Warcraft elements into Titan's world. Mostly Easter Eggs, but can also extend to entire characters being ported into the new game, one way or another.

- There will be a lot of Time Travel.

- When it comes to weapons, we'll have almost everything at our disposal, from magic to guns.

- Heavy use of Greek, Roman and Viking myths.

- They've invited some established writers (Richard A. Knaak for example) to help with the storyline.

Game-play

- It's an MMORPG. We'll play from a 3rd person view, but there will also be a first person view during "events". No extra clarification as to the nature of these events could be given.

- TAB targeting in combat.

- It will benefit from a completely new game engine.

- Graphics will be in the established "Blizzard style".

- Primarily a PC game, but next-gen consoles are still being considered. Probably after launch, as with D3.

- Expected 12+ PEGI.

- It's designed with eSports in mind. They will try to grow it into a successful eSport.

- There will be "clan" housing. No details on player-housing.

- Last but not least, the game will have an Auction House. Nothing conclusive about a Real-Money Auction House but it is possible. As an extra tidbit, Blizzard was also considering introducing a RMAH into WoW at one point, but apparently not anymore.

Miscellaneous

- 150 developers working on it now. Last we've been told, in September last year, there were just a bit over 100, so the team is growing at a nice pace, quickly becoming the biggest one.

- They're about to bring new Community Managers into the team and some testers that will be needed in the near future. Many of the new team members have come from Blizzard's other projects.

- Speaking of inside transfers, Jay Wilson is on the Titan team. Please don't go overboard with this. ^^

- English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish localization now. More will come during beta.

- They were considering implementing easy in-game recording at one point, unsure of the state of this at the moment.

- BLIZZCON 2013 - Titan Teaser, details on expansions for all other major franchises (SC2, D3, WoW). There will be other small Titan teasers at the event but nothing major. They don't want to show any game-play until they have a solid date for beta.

- Speaking of which, current plan is to open Family & Friends testing (Alpha stage basically) in Q1 2014.

- The game has a name already that has been changed multiple times over the course of the development process. Unknown unfortunately.

- They're going full-out when it comes to the soundtrack. Each zone will have its own song, and the songs will vary vastly in type, rhythm. We've reported before that Jason Hayes has returned to Blizzard, so this is definitely not surprising.

-Vince Lombardi

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3.    

Back to top Go down

Diablo 3.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next